College English Association National Conference
April 12-14, 2007
New Orleans, Louisiana
We invite papers on Afro-Caribbean literature for the 38th annual meeting of the CEA.
We welcome individual and panel presentation proposals that address Afro-Caribbean literatures in general, including—but not limited to—the following possible themes:
* Racial, ethnic, gender, sexual, class, and national identities
* Colonization and empire
* Nationalism and citizenship
* Hybridity, transculturation, creolite, and mestizaje
* Resistance and resilience
* Migration, exile, transnationalism, and/or globalization
* Travel and tourism
* Orality and the spoken word
* Diasporic theory and Afro-Caribbean literatures
* Postcolonial studies and Afro-Caribbean literatures
* Comparative literary, historical, political, or cultural analyses of Afro-Caribbean literatures
Proposals should be submitted via the online database at <http://english.ttu.edu/cea/conftool> by November 30th (new extended deadline).
When you submit your proposal, you may use a pull-down menu to indicate your topic. Indicate at that pull-down menu that your submission should be directed to me, Laura Barrio-Vilar, chair of the Afro-Caribbean literature panels.
To preserve time for discussion, CEA limits presentations to 15 minutes.
All presenters must become members of the College English Association by January 1, 2007. For membership information, contact Joe Pestino at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gender and Women's Studies Program
University of Kentucky
212 Breckinridge Hall
Lexington, KY 40506-0056
Phone: (859)257-9719 Email: email@example.com Visit the website at http://www2.widener.edu/~cea/
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)