European Society for the Study of Western Esotericism
The ESSWE is a learned society, established in 2005 to advance the academic study of the various manifestations of Western Esotericism from late antiquity to the present, and to secure the future development of the field.
Among the activities of the Society are:
- Organising conferences and other academic meetings;
- Generally promoting contacts and programmes of exchange among scholars;
- Promoting publications and rendering services in that connection;
- Stimulating research and education;
- Promoting academic debate, interdisciplinary and critical approaches, and the application of a variety of scholarly methods;
- Co-operating with other scholarly associations in and beyond Europe;
- Encouraging the appreciation of the historical, cultural and intellectual significance of Western Esotericism by research institutions, scholarly policy makers, and the general public.
The site provides information on academic events, research and training facilities, archives and collections, publications, and scholars specializing in the field of study.
Mrs. H. Homan, secretary
1271 PJ Huizen
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)