Announcing The "Second Wave" and Beyond: a new online scholarly community
"The 'Second Wave' and Beyond," created and edited by Kimberly Springer, Stephanie Gilmore, and Judith Ezekiel, is an online “scholarly community” on the history of the U.S. women’s movement since 1960. This innovative form of electronic communications and research combines features of a discussion group, blog, and wikipedia incorporated into a traditional website. It is a free feature of the Women and Social Movements website and online journal, published by the State University of New York at Binghamton and Alexander Street Press.
At “The ‘Second Wave’ and Beyond” you can:
* start or join ongoing conversations;
* listen to or submit oral histories;
* use or create flexible archives of primary source documents of varying sizes with text, photos, and clips;
* view or add to our extensive chronology of the women’s movement;
* discuss new books and websites;
* contribute to teaching resources; and
* comment on current documents.
To join us, go to: http://scholar.alexanderstreet.com/x/9wM
and click on "sign up" in the upper right hand corner.
King's College London
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)