Submissions are sought for a special issue of the Journal of Bisexuality, edited by M. Paz Galupo, Ph.D. This special double issue will include theoretical and research articles (peer reviewed) as well as personal essays and interviews that explore bisexual perspectives on same-sex marriage or other means of legal recognition of same-sex relationships. This double issue will be published simultaneously as a book by The Haworth Press.
Disciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches representing a variety of experiences and perspectives, both positive and negative, will be included. Possible topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Implications of same-sex marriage and/or civil union legislation for bisexual women and men
* Political discussions and media representations of bisexuality in the same-sex marriage debate
* Bisexual perspectives on same-sex marriage activism
* Traditional marriage, same-sex marriage, monogamy and non-monogamy
* Attitudes toward bisexual women and men in the context of same-sex marriage
* Bisexual experience of relationships within the context of legal and same-sex marriage
Especially encouraged are articles that consider the topic across experiences of race, class, gender, nationality, and other forms of diversity.
Please direct inquiries to M. Paz Galupo, Ph.D., the special issue editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are considering submitting please let Dr. Galupo know in advance. Submission deadline for full articles is August 1, 2006.
M. Paz Galupo, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Director, LGBT Studies
Towson, MD 21252-0001 Email: email@example.com
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)