The European Society for Environmental History invites proposals for panels and posters for its upcoming 4th conference. The theme is: “Environmental connections: Europe and the wider World”.
Proposals for panels, papers and posters are invited, in particular for the following strands:
- history of exchange of biota, i.e. plants, animals and other organisms (both intentional and unintentional.
- history of exchange of environmental techniques and practices (in particular regarding water, such as for flood control, drainage, irrigation, preparation of drinking water, cleaning of waste water)
- history of climate change
- history of environmental ideas, movements and organisations
- history of monitoring the resources of the earth
One strand remains open for other topics.
Submission of abstracts: 1 February 2006 - 1 June 2006
Proposals for panels, individual papers and posters should be submitted through the on-line registration facility provided by the conference website, see www.let.vu.nl/conference/eseh. Panel proposals should include a panel title, names of the participants (including chair), and individual paper titles; a session abstract of 250 words, three individual paper abstracts of 300 words and short biographies of the participants (150 words). Paper and poster proposals should consist of an abstract of 300 words and short biography of the participant (150 words).
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)