Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University,
The Imperial Queen’s Park Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
Department of Thai in cooperation with the Thai Studies Centre, and the Thai Language Communication Centre, Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University
1) Dynamism of the Thai Language: Structure, Style, and Strategy
The panel on dynamism of the Thai language aims to bring together researchers in the field of Thai linguistics and related fields. Papers on the following subjects are encouraged:
1. Structure/ Grammatical analysis: phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, historical linguistics
2. Style/ Linguistic Stylistics
3. Strategy/ Communicative competence: pragmatics, interaction, language and culture, language and society, etc.
4. Research on the Thai language across disciplines
2) Wisdom and Dynamism of Thai Literature in Global Context
The panel will be divided into four sections:
1. Classical Thai Literature
The section may include interpretation and re-interpretation of classical Thai literature through the application of current approaches or theories; a transformation of texts into a new form of representation or through contemporary media; and other ways of interpreting texts that reveal classical Thai literature as a dynamic entity.
2. Contemporary Thai Literature
The section will focus on intertextuality and the transmission of knowledge from the past to the present; the social and cultural aspects that shape and give the texts unique characters as well as the roles of contemporary Thai literature in a changing society.
3. Translated Literary Works into Thai
Wisdom and Dynamism of translated works into Thai, the impact on Thai literary culture and the universality of these texts in the present context.
4. Thai Buddhist Literature
The section will be open to papers on the dynamics of Thai Buddhist literature in both classical and contemporary contexts.
3) Persistence and Dynamism of Tai Folklore and Literature
Production, transmission, persistence and dynamism of folklore and literature in the socio-cultural context of Tai speaking peoples in Laos; Shan State, Myanmar; Assam, India; Southern China; Northern Vietnam; including migrants who have settled in various localities in Thailand.
4) Thai Studies: Dynamism and Wisdom in the Shores beyond Boundaries
The status and development of Thai Studies after the Cold War period; The state of knowing and the accumulation of wisdom in Thai Studies beyond the political boundary of the Thai nation state; Various dimensions concerning Thai Studies; Managerial practices on the subject of Thai Studies in foreign institutes both in terms of education such as language teaching and research activities; The future of Thai Studies
5) Dynamism of the Thai Language in the IT World
The Thai language on internet; Teaching Thai to Thai native speakers; Teaching Thai as a foreign language in Thailand and/ or abroad; Attitude of the Thai people towards their own language, Thai; Language Corpus and the teaching of Thai to Thai children.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)