Announcing an opportunity to have YOUR photograph grace a front cover of the MESA Bulletin, 40/1(June, 2006) or 40/2 (December, 2006)!
To enter the contest:
1. Send an original photograph (one photo per person, please), AND a single-page essay discussing the significance of the photograph to understanding the Middle East, or Middle East studies, or MESA, no later than March 1, 2006.
2. Photographs must be black & white, with “portrait” (vertical) orientation, in .jpg format, 72 dpi, sized no more than 5x7. Please send your photograph as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com, subject: Cover Photo Contest. Contest finalists will be expected to submit a copy of the photograph in .tiff or similar format (300dpi).
3. All photographs and essays must be original, free of any and all copyright restrictions, and must never have been published before. MESA reserves the right to reproduce the photograph, publish it on the MESA website, and use it for promotional purposes, without remuneration to the photographer.
4. All entries will be judged for quality, originality and significance by a panel of professional photographers and Middle East scholars. All decisions are final.
5. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PHOTOGRAPHS AND ESSAYS: MARCH 1, 2006.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)