The Indiana University History Graduate Student Association is pleased to announce its annual Paul Lucas Conference in History at Indiana University-Bloomington on Saturday, March 25, 2006 from 8:00-6:00. The Association invites paper and panel proposals from graduate students to submit abstracts of papers on any topic, time period, or approach in history.
Submissions of pre-organized panels are strongly encouraged. Individual papers are also welcome and will be assigned by the conference committee to a suitable panel. The panels will include three paper presentations at twenty minutes each. Presentations will be followed by a brief commentary offered by a discussant. There will also be a keynote address and luncheon.
Please submit the items and information listed below no later than February 4, 2006. The Conference Committee will evaluate proposals and inform participants by February 18, 2006. Final drafts of papers are due no later than March 11, 2006.
The following information is required for submissions:
- names of all authors for panels (also note name of the person presenting the paper)
- institutional affiliation and title/position
- contact information: e-mail address, postal address, telephone/fax numbers
- title of paper
- an abstract of the paper, which is no more than 250 words. Requests for any audio-visual equipment (overhead, slide projector, PowerPoint, etc.) must be cited in the abstract.
- If you would like to serve as a commentator please submit a CV and brief statement detailing your areas of expertise.
The Paul Lucas Conference on History
742 Ballantine Hall
Bloomington, IN 47405-7103
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)