The International Cultural Research Network
The Department of Education at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Exploring Cultural Perspectives
Call for Papers
The International Cultural Research Network (ICRN) requests multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary papers for presentation at the 5th biennial congress in Thessaloniki from 10 – 16 July 2006. The aim of the congress is to promote greater cultural understanding and acceptance of differences. Attendance at the conference is open to everyone.
Eligibility to present research in a one hour/one and a half hour format and to publish in our yearly volumes is restricted to ICRN members. Membership applications are available at:
The conference focus is Exploring Cultural Perspectives on the following themes:
• Childhood and Youth – history, health, crime, substance abuse, religion;
• Education – primary, secondary, tertiary, administration, policies, funding, curriculum;
• Terror and Terrorism – theory, culture, definition, religion, media, politics, language, preparedness;
• Diversity – immigration, national policies, international objectives, displacement, war;
• Indigeneous Issues – rights, poverty, family.
Abstracts are restricted to 250 words. A 150-word biography should be included. These are due December 30, 2005.
You will be notified by January 15, 2006 regarding your acceptance.
Email address- www. icrn.ca URL http://www.icrn.ca
551 Education South
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB Canada
FAx 780 477 9520 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the website at http://www.icrn.ca
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)