The Freie Universitaet Berlin international Summer University FUBiS will offer two summer terms in 2006:
Term I (6 weeks) June 3 to July 15, 2006
Term II (4 weeks) July 22 to August 19, 2006
• Students have the opportunity to study courses within the fields of History and German Culture. The course language is English.
• Following courses are offered in Summer 2006:
• German Exile Literature – Thomas Mann, Bertolt Brecht, Theodor W.Adorno, (in German)
• European-American Encounters in Film and Visual Culture: From the Cold War to 9-11 (with the Focus on Germany)
• Borders and Crossings: German Literature and Culture from Romanticism to the Present
• Architecture in Berlin in the Course of History
• German Philosophy: Kant, Hegel, Marx, Nietzsche, Habermas
• Art in Berlin: From Romanticism to Expressionism
• The Third Reich: Seduction and Terror
• Commemorating the Holocaust- Memorials, Museums, Debates
• Travel Reports from The Reich – How famous international writers saw Germany between 1933 and 1945 (in German)
• Students can combine the content-based courses with German language courses on five different levels of proficiency.
• Courses are open to undergraduate and graduate students.
• All courses are taught by the distinguished FUBiS faculty, consisting of highly qualified German and international professors.
• This enables students to participate in this unique opportunity of studying abroad in Berlin, regardless of whether they speak German or not and/or continue in a German language program.
• Students will earn U.S. credits per course based on the number of content hours.
• For more detailed information on courses, faculty, syllabi, scholarships, accommodation, excursions and program fees please go to the website at http://www.fubis.org
• For contact or to order the FUBiS program brochure please write to: email@example.com
FUBiS - Academic Director
P.S. In 2005, over 430 students from 38 different countries studied at FUBiS. We would like to continue our successful program in 2006 and looking forward to working with you together.
Freie Universität Berlin - International Summer University (FUBiS)
ERG Universitätsservice GmbH
Habelschwerdter Allee 34a
Phone: +49-(0)30-838 73309
Fax: +49-(0)30 -838 73442
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)