New England Connections 2007
April 26 - 29,2007
Connecticut Convention Center and adjoining Hartford Marriott Downtown Hotel
Lecture proposals are now being accepted for the ninth New England Regional Genealogical Conference to be held April 26 to April 29, 2007 at the Connecticut Convention Center and adjoining Hartford Marriott Downtown Hotel in Hartford, Connecticut. The deadline for submission is no later than March 1, 2006.
Preference will be given to topics relating to the Conference theme, "New England Connections", i.e., those that will provide guidance to genealogists wishing to "connect" to:
- ancestors who immigrated to and migrated out of New England (including settlement and migration patterns).
- the wealth of information available in New England's repositories (archives, libraries, historical societies, etc.).
- specific types of source records (church, cemetery, vital, military records, newspapers, city directories, etc.), research strategies or methodologies.
- resources and to one another through technology.
Each session will last one hour, including questions and answers. Camera-ready syllabus material, due November 1, 2006 is required for each presentation. The syllabus will be distributed at the Conference.
Any number of proposals may be submitted and more than one proposal may be selected. Each participating NERGC society must propose and have accepted one lecturer (who does not need to be a member of that society) for one session, whose honorarium for that session will be determined and paid for by the sponsoring society. Proposals selected by the Program Chairs through this Call for Papers will receive an honorarium of $200 from NERGC. All speakers will receive complimentary conference registration for their first lecture and a complimentary meal ticket for each additional lecture.
Please include the following information with each one-page proposal:
- Title of the presentation with a brief, comprehensive outline or abstract demonstrating a relationship to the Conference theme
- Short summary (50 words or less) for the Conference brochure
- Audience level- beginner, intermediate, advanced
- Audio/visual requirements
- Speaker's full name, address, email, telephone, and fax
- Society or organization sponsorship (if applicable)
- Brief speaker biography
- Resume of previous lecture experience
Allison L. Ryall
32 Arundel Road
Raymond, ME 04071
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please put NERGC 2007 in the subject line)
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)