The 2006 SW/TX PCA/ACA Conference will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the Hyatt Regency downtown. Join us this year, as a returning or first-time participant, as we celebrate a new future on Route 66 at this regional popular culture conference. Further details regarding the conference (listing of all areas, hotel, registration, tours, etc.) can be found at http://www.swtexaspca.org.
Proposals are now being accepted for the True Crime in Television, Film, and History Area. Listed below are some suggestions for possible presentations, but topics not included here are also welcome.
• Novel, film, and television adaptations of criminal cases
• Documentaries and television series based on True Crime
• Biography, autobiography, and nonfiction adaptations of criminal cases and criminals
• True Crime authors/works
• The True Crime Genre
• Specific True Crime cases
• Explorations of Forensic Science, Criminal Investigation, and Profiling
• Effects of Publicity and Media hype of True Crime cases
• The Popularity of True Crime in publishing, television, and film
• The History of True Crime reporting
• A & E’s “Cold Case Files”, CBS’ “48 Hours Mystery”, Court TV’s “The Investigators”, etc.
• Homicide and Serial Homicide as portrayed in Mass Media (Film, Television, Publishing, Journalism, etc. )
• And much more...
Inquiries regarding this area and/or abstracts of 250 words may be sent to James Yates at the email or physical addresses below by November 15, 2005. Please include a current curriculum vitae and a working bibliography for your paper.
Department of English, Foreign Language, and Humanities
Northwestern Oklahoma State University
Alva, Oklahoma 73717
email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)