Native/Indigenous Studies Area
2006 Southwest/Texas Popular Culture/American Culture Association
February 8-11, 2006
Southwest/Texas Popular & American Culture Association’s
27th Annual Conference in Albuquerque, NM
Proposals for both Panels and Individual Papers are now being accepted for the Native/Indigenous Studies Area. Listed below are some suggestions for possible presentations, but topics not included here are welcome and encouraged.
The deadline for submitting proposals is November 15, 2005.
• Indigenous Methodologies
• Indians in Higher Education
• Teaching Popular Culture in Native American Studies
• Biography, autobiography, and nonfiction works by and/or about Indigenous people
• Popular culture and religion (or, religious popular culture)
• Native peoples in/and film
• Native representations in popular culture (television, comic books, video/computer games, film, etc…)
• Politics and Native peoples
• Indigenous resistance, regional or global (whaling/fishing rights, incarceration issues, sports mascots, etc.)
• More ideas encouraged!
Inquiries regarding this area and/or abstracts of 250 words may be sent to Sara Sutler-Cohen at the email or physical address below. Please forward this email to people who would be interested in participating.
Sara C. Sutler-Cohen
Area Chair, Native Studies
PCA/ACA Annual Regional Conferences
1817 SE Umatilla Street
Portland, OR 97202
The 2006 SW/TX PCA/ACA Conference will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque. Join us this year, as a returning or first-time participant, as we celebrate the 27th year of this regional popular culture conference. Further details regarding the conference (listing of all areas, hotel, registration, tours, etc.) can be found at http://www.swtexaspca.org. PLEASE NOTE: THE DEADLINE FOR CONFERENCE REGISTRATION IS DECEMBER 31, 2005.
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)