Instituto de Docencia e Investigación Etnológica de Zacatecas/ Zacatecas Institute for Teaching and Research in Ethnology
IDIEZ (Instituto de Docencia e Investigación Etnológica de Zacatecas, A.C./ Zacatecas Institute for Teaching and Research in Ethnology) is a non-profit organization located in the Mexican city of Zacatecas, whose objectives and activities include:
1. Promote cultural heterogeneity as the stabilizing and integrating basis for Mexican society.
2. Construct a model for higher education which allows indigenous students to become integrated into Mexican society as professionals, reinforce their ethnic identity and customs, and continue participating in the devolopment of their community.
3. Sensitize and educate the general public in regards to the value and contents of ethnic cultures through direct contact with indigenous teachers.
4. Generate knowledge about ethnic cultures past and present, making it available to the scientific community, the general public, and the indigenous communities themselves.
5. Provide support for indigenous students during their higher education with scholarships, educational orientation, and social services.
6. Participate in teaching, research and cultural extension related to the indigenous cultures present in the region (Nahua, Huichola and Tepehuana).
7. Involve affiliated indigenous students in the activities of the Institute as pupils, teaching assistants and research assistants.
John Sullivan, Ph.D.
Instituto de Docencia e Investigación Etnológica de Zacatecas
Fco. García Salinas 604, Colonia CNOP
Zacatecas, Zac. 98053 México
+52 (492) 768-6048 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the website at http://www.idiez.org.mx
Send comments and questions to H-Net
Webstaff. H-Net reproduces announcements that have been submitted to us as a
free service to the academic community. If you are interested in an announcement
listed here, please contact the organizers or patrons directly. Though we strive
to provide accurate information, H-Net cannot accept responsibility for the text of
announcements appearing in this service. (Administration)