Announcements Editorial Policy
All announcements made on H-Net must meet the following important
qualifications and conditions:
- Submissions made to the online Announcements System are
automatically sent to H-Announce; Any announcment made over H-Announce
will also be archived on the website, therefore it is necessary to
post your announcement using only one of these distribution methods.
- H-Net reserves the right to edit extremely long announcements for
clarity and concision, and to ask for changes and clarifications. H-Net
will post reminders and re-posts of announcements, but asks that the
authors of these messages time their submissions carefully to make the
most effective use of our service.
- Announcements of new web sites or internet resources are welcome, and
are most likely to be posted when their noncommercial, academic,
scholarly, or educational content is self-evident from the announcement
and at the site.
- H-Net does not guarantee posting of Announcements: time differences,
variations in the rotations of duty editors, and the vagaries of the
internet mail routing system can cause delays in postings.
- Job postings should be directed to the H-Net Job
Guide or be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Publishers interested in promoting new works should contact the H-Net Reviews Office, to arrange
for reviews of such works. On occasion, editors post lists of new books or
recent publications; but they do not send out bookjacket blurbs,
endorsements, or similar promotional literature about publications.