Announcements Editorial PolicyAll announcements made on H-Net must meet the following important qualifications and conditions:
- Although H-Net makes reasonable efforts to screen postings that it publishes, it assumes no liability for the content of announcements published at the H-Net Announcements service. Questions about specific postings should be submitted directly to the author of the announcement. All postings are subject to H-Net's policies regarding discrimination and suitability to H-Net's mission. H-Net reserves the right to decline to publish a posting for any reason.
- Submissions made to the online Announcements System are automatically sent to H-Announce; Any announcment made over H-Announce will also be archived on the website, therefore it is necessary to post your announcement using only one of these distribution methods.
- H-Net reserves the right to edit extremely long announcements for clarity and concision, and to ask for changes and clarifications. H-Net will post reminders and re-posts of announcements, but asks that the authors of these messages time their submissions carefully to make the most effective use of our service.
- Announcements of new web sites or internet resources are welcome, and are most likely to be posted when their noncommercial, academic, scholarly, or educational content is self-evident from the announcement and at the site.
- H-Net does not guarantee posting of Announcements: time differences, variations in the rotations of duty editors, and the vagaries of the internet mail routing system can cause delays in postings.
- H-ANNOUNCE is not a job-posting service. Notices of professional position openings should be directed to the H-Net Job Guide. Exceptions: internships, fellowships, or awards that are short-term, in-residence, or focused on a particular research program, archive, data collection, program of study, or professional activity (such as a teaching fellowship) may be posted here at the discretion of the H-ANNOUNCE editor.
- Publishers interested in promoting new works should contact the H-Net Reviews Office, to arrange for reviews of such works. On occasion, editors post lists of new books or recent publications; but they do not send out bookjacket blurbs, endorsements, or similar promotional literature about publications.